Registrar’s Directive: Changes to Funeral and Visitation attendance
Tuesday, January 12, 2021
- Effective immediately –
Ontario Declares Second Provincial Emergency to Address COVID-19 Crisis and Save Lives
As per the provincial government’s announcement today, the COVID-19 maximum attendance restriction is 10 People for Funerals and Visitations.
The number of people allowed to attend an indoor or outdoor Funeral Service is 10 attendees, including a clergy, minister, celebrant or priest. 10 Total indoors.
Everyone must follow proper health and safety advice, including physical distancing of two metres from people who are not from the same household or their established 10-person social circle.
Our Policy on Covid-19
One of our top priorities at Cole Funeral Services, Pinecrest Remembrance, and Highland Park Cemetery is the health and safety of our families and staff as we continue to take the lead from the Public Health Agency of Canada, Ottawa Public Health, and the World Health Organization. We are still providing onsite services but have instituted a series of policies as outlined below.
What We're Doing:
We are still operating as a business and encourage our families to reach out to us to make the necessary funeral arrangements. However, as to minimize direct contact with members of the public, our families and our staff, in following the provincial guidelines we are still scheduling Visitations and Funeral Services at our facility. The health and safety of our families, members of the public and our staff continues to be our top priorities.
Our statement and policies regarding this situation may change day-to-day to ensure the heath and safety of our families and staff, as well as to comply with local and provincial governments and our governing board's directives.
- We have modified our hours of operations to strictly BY APPOINTMENT ONLY with 2 family members only.
- We are strongly encouraging that the completion of funeral arrangements be made by electronic means. We have the ability to facilitate this.
- Chapel services visitations and graveside services are resuming with the restriction that we can only accommodate 10 people including the clergy or minister
- Service times are scheduled at certain time slots and are based on availability.
- We will minimize any delay in casket burials. This means that we must continue with a casket burial as soon as possible in a timely manner.
- In an effort to minimize direct contact, we will no longer be offering refreshments or have self serve refreshment stations available.
- In an effort to minimize direct contact, we ask that you consider avoiding shaking hands or physical contact with the members of the family you are here to visit.
- We request that guests who are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath or have been in contact with or have recently traveled to any of the affected countries refrain from visiting our facilities at this time.
- We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean our facilities after each service with particular attention paid to high touch items.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public areas every morning and evening.
- Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our teams are reminded multiple times a day that cleanliness starts with this simple act.
- Additional hand sanitizer has been placed at entrances.
- Employees who exhibit cold or flu-like symptoms have been instructed to stay home from work.
We understand that during trying times, our lives can be especially difficult.
We Are here to help at a moment's notice and appreciate your understanding as we help foster a healthy community.
Should you have any questions, please contact us.
"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. - Helen Keller"
Cole Funeral Services:
2500 Baseline Road,
Ottawa, Ontario K2C 3H9
Telephone: (613) 831-7122